There are a variety of factors that affect the quality of your water. Our licensed regional experts will help you define the issue and create a customized solution to ensure your drinking water is free of contaminants and other issues such as water hardness or odor. We test your water before recommending treatment. It is this consultation that is key in helping us design the perfect solution, built for you.
Common Water Problems in your region.
Detailed View of the Causes & Solutions
Iron & Manganese
Iron and manganese in your drinking water can affect the taste, but also leave rust stains on porcelain or corroded pipes.
Iron is known for the orange and brown stains which are caused when ferrous iron is exposed to oxygen. These unsightly stains can be seen in toilets, bathtubs, showers, sinks, dishwashers, and washing machines. Manganese leaves a brownish-black stain on laundry, plumbing, and fixtures.
As a homeowner you may experience:
- Your water tastes or smells like metal
- Iron deposits that create a metallic taste which can ruin your tap water as well as affecting the flavor and appearance of your food
- Certain vegetables that come into contact with ferrous iron become discolored and taste unpleasant
- Beverages that are made using iron-dissolved water will taste bitter or unappealing, such as coffee and tea
- Property owners with private wells may taste or smell metal more often than those who receive city water
How to Treat IRON & MANGANESE in Drinking Water
A whole house water filtration system can help remove unwanted iron from your water supply and safely remove metallic tastes and odors.
Our water softeners can remove between 2-5 Mg/L of Iron and low levels of Manganese helping to remove unwanted iron from your water supply and easily remove metallic tastes and odors. For more information about our water softening products, click here.
A water filter such as our Entipur Aircycle uses a natural air oxidation process to precipitate iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide odor. For more information about our Entipur Aircycle system, click here.
This system can remove higher amounts of Iron/Manganese as well as remove rotten egg smell that often accompanies high iron water.